Effective Date: May 24, 2018
Collection and Use of Personal Data
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personally identifiable information, including: Contact information, such as your name, address, e-mail, telephone number, fax number, organization name, and/or job title. This information is collected when you provide it to us voluntarily, including by submissions you make through our websites. Unique identifiers and preference information, such as your marketing preferences, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, and actions that you take on our websites. We may use this information for one or more of the following purposes: To provide you with information. We use the information you have provided to us to respond to your requests and provide information that you have requested from us. We also may send you additional information about other Cerus products and services. For example:
- Mailing Lists. Information is obtained from you when you subscribe to a mailing list, such as for purposes of marketing, investor or educational mailing lists, including contact information such as name and e-mail address. We use this personally identifiable information to deliver the e-mails you have elected to receive.
- Business Development Inquiries. If you contact our business development department, your correspondence may include personally identifiable information such as name, e-mail address, phone number and other personally identifiable information related to your inquiry. We may use your personally identifiable information for business development purposes and to respond to your requests. In addition, please see our Legal Disclaimer for additional information regarding contacting us with potentially confidential or proprietary information.
- Employment. When you apply for a position at Cerus, you may provide us with personally identifiable information such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, employment history and any other personally identifiable information contained in your resume and correspondence with Cerus. We may use your personally identifiable information for employee recruitment purposes and to respond to your requests for information.
For our operations. We may use and disclose information about you in connection with our ongoing business operations. This may include disclosure of this information to vendors retained by Cerus to assist us with our operations. These vendors may only use this information in connection with providing services to Cerus.
We may use the information you have provided to us for various purposes where applicable, including to manage our relationship with you, to enable delivery of products and services to you, to respond to your requests, which include providing you with our product and service updates, to enable you to participate in surveys or questionnaires, and to provide you with opportunities to learn about other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
For data analytics to improve our website, products and services, marketing, and customer relationships and experiences.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to and for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Sharing and Disclosure
We may provide your personal information that we collect to third party vendors and service providers that we engage to assist us with our business activities. For example, we may provide your personally identifiable information to an organization in order to complete a service (e.g., shipping an order, sending mailings you have requested), to assist us in reviewing the data or to provide marketing or advertising on our behalf. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us. In certain situations, we may also disclose your personal information if we believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority. We will not sell your personal information to any other company or organization, except we may transfer your personal information to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which Cerus participates or to a purchaser of all or substantially all of Cerus’ assets. You will be notified via e-mail and/or a notice on our website of any change in ownership, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Our external third parties may be based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of personal information for individuals in the EEA will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer personal data from the EEA to external third parties based outside of the EEA, we will use at least one of the following safeguards to ensure protection of personal data
- We may transfer personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- For certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- For providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
By using our site, or providing information to Cerus, you understand and unambiguously consent to the collection, use, disclosure and retention by Cerus of your personal data as described in this Policy, including but not limited to the transfer of your personal data between Cerus’ third parties and Cerus group companies, including in the United States and other countries and territories, for the purposes set forth in this Policy.
Log Files and Aggregate Information
We may track the total number of visitors to our website, the number of visitors to each page of our website, IP addresses, and the domain names of our users' Internet Service Providers, and we may analyze these data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such information will be in aggregate form only and it will not contain personally identifiable data. Such aggregate information is not linked to any personally identifiable information that can identify any individual person.
We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the website, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may share this aggregate information with our corporate partners and contracted vendors to assist us in operating the Web site and to enable them to better understand our business.
Personal Information and Children
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal data from a minor under the age of 13 without obtaining prior consent from a person with parental responsibility (i.e. a parent or guardian).
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data (see below Access and Opt-Out Choices for further information).
Links to Other Sites
We consider the protection of all personal information we receive from our website visitors and others as critical to our corporate mission, and we have reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, alteration or disclosure of your personally identifiable information. However, you should be aware that there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could intercept an Internet transmission or find a way to thwart our security systems.
Access and Opt-Out Choices